To use this package the care-o-bot has to be equiped with a hardware monitor board.
The cob_hwboard package can be used to monitor certain voltages, currents and temperatures inside the robot.
cob_hwboardThe cob_hwboard node directly recieves measured values from the hardware and publishes them on the diagnostics topic.
Published Topics/diagnostics (diagnostics_msgs/DiagnosticArray)
- Diagnostic information about hwboard including voltage, current and temperature values.
Parametersdevicestring (string, default: Required)
- Device address of hwbaord, e.g. /dev/ttyHwBoard
- ID of temperature sensor located in the head (hexadecimal value).
- ID of temperature sensor located on the eye (hexadecimal value).
- ID of temperature sensor located on the torso module (hexadecimal value).
- ID of temperature sensor located in the torso (hexadecimal value).
- ID of temperature sensor located on the pc (hexadecimal value).
- ID of temperature sensor located on the engine (hexadecimal value).
For starting only the hwboard use
roslaunch cob_bringup hwboard.launch
For including the hwboard in your overall launch file use
<include file="$(find cob_bringup)/components/hwboard.launch" />
All hardware configuration is done by using a yaml-file stored in the cob_hardware_config package. The file which contains all necessary parameters is located in "cob_hardware_config/cob3-3/config/hwboard.yaml" and should be similar to this
devicestring: /dev/ttyHwBoard head_sensor: 0x103AEE7A eye_sensor: 0x1089D07A torso_module_sensor: 0x102BA47D torso_sensor: 0x10E4967D pc_sensor: 0x1082E17B engine_sensor: 0x10FADC7A