Only released in EOL distros:
The fake_odom package
- Maintainer: Johannes Mayr <joh.mayr AT jku DOT at>
- Author: Johannes Mayr <joh.mayr AT jku DOT at>, Klemens Springer <klemens.springer AT jku DOT at>
- License: BSD
- Bug / feature tracker: https://github.com/robinJKU/wheeled_robin_simulator/issues
- Source: git https://github.com/robinJKU/wheeled_robin_simulator.git (branch: hydro-devel)
To start the WheeledRobin in a faked odometry mode the '_fake' launch files in wheeled_robin_bringup.
wheeled_robin_nodeThis node simulates a robot by summing up cmd_vel commands and publishing a faked perfect odometry of the robot. No physical calculations are done.
Subscribed Topicscmd_vel (geometry_msgs/Twist)
- Desired velocity for WheeledRobin (x, theta)
Published Topicsodom (nav_msgs/Odometry)
- Odometry of WheeledRobin.
- Joint State for the left and right wheel.
Provided tf Transformsodom → base_footprint
- Depends on the odometry of WheeledRobin
- Depends on the pitch angle of WheeledRobin which is estimated proportional to the linear velocity.