rosservice/Reviews/2009-11 Doc Review_Doc_Review
Instructions for doing a doc review
See DocReviewProcess for more instructions
- Does the documentation define the Users of your Package, i.e. for the expected usages of your Stack, which APIs will users engage with?
- Are all of these APIs documented?
- Do relevant usages have associated tutorials? (you can ignore this if a Stack-level tutorial covers the relevant usage), and are the indexed in the right places?
- Is it clear to an outside user what the roadmap is for the Package?
- Is it clear to an outside user what the stability is for the Package?
- Are concepts introduced by the Package well illustrated?
Concerns / issues
- Overall, documentation is quite clear.
- Maybe mention exit values for the command-line API.
- kwc: I'll try and swing by to talk with you about this one. Not sure what the use-case is. Currently the exit values in error cases are not well-defined.
- Roadmap and stability are not explicitly mentioned.
- kwc: fixed
- Why is rosservice uri an external API? what use would it be to me?
- kwc: added a note that "This is useful, for example, if you wish to know what address a service is using."
Concerns above have been addressed, marking as doc reviewed.