last modified by Howe at (10/04/17).
this package will introduce how building a map by hector/gmapping with xbot.
- Maintainer status: developing
Page editor: Howe
- License: TODO
- Before navigation, we need make a map first, which let robot know current environment.
- Here we fuse Asus_xtion_pro depth data and rpldar distance data together to make a map. The advantage of using fusion data to build map is robot could efficiently record the outline of hanging objects and sloping things with wide angle into map.
- Then, you could fell free to chose a mapping method to made a map
- Firstly, you should install hector OR gmapping package for sure.
Howe to install gmaping package
- 1.make sure you have not install gmapping yet:
rospack find gmapping
- 2.install gmapping package
sudo apt-get install ros-indigo-gmapping
Howe to install hector package
- 1.make sure you have not install hector yet:
rospack find hector_mapping
- 2.install hector package
sudo apt-get install ros-indigo-hector-mapping
- Then, you should make sure you have download nav_staff in your workspace
Howe to install nav_staff package
sudo apt-get install ros-indigo-xbot_nav_staff.git
or use git
git clone https://github.com/XbotGroup/xbot_nav_staff.git
How to Run
1. launch machine
roslaunch xbot_bringup xbot_rplidar_asus.launch
roslaunch machine hector.launch
roslaunch machine gmapping.launch
roslaunch machine 3D_RVIZ.launch
4. launch keyboard control
rosrun nav_staff keyboard_control.py
Then you can control your robot mapping