Epson Sensing System Sensors
- The ROS drivers are intended for evaluation of the Epson IMUs on a ROS1 (or ROS2) system.
- There are different Epson 6DOF IMU models with various sensing ranges that can be evaluated in a ROS based system.
- These are performance-oriented products with a combination of low power consumption and small size.
- G3xx models are intended for board-level integration using a SPI or UART interface
- G552PR models are intended for remote cabled mounting in harsh environments exposed to moisture or dust connected using an RS422 UART interface
For more detailed product info & specifications please refer to Epson Sensing System
* These ROS drivers are available for download from
- The ROS drivers are maintained to support the following Epson products:
- G365PDC / G365PDF
- The ROS drivers have been tested on the following host platforms:
- Intel PCs running Ubuntu 16.x Xenial or Ubuntu 18.x Bionic
- Raspberry Pi 2 or 3+ running Ubuntu Mate 16.x or Ubuntu Mate 18.x
The latest ROS1 & ROS2 drivers have been tested using:
ROS1: Melodic Description: Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS Release: 18.04 Codename: bionic
ROS2: Dashing & Eloquent Description: Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS Release: 18.04 Codename: bionic
- There are two separate driver packages for each type of serial interface connection to the Epson device
- Use the correct ROS driver package based on the serial connection type: SPI or UART
- For G552PR choose the UART version of the driver
- The ROS system must have a RS422 I/O compatible UART interface (UART protocol over RS422 Physical Layer) for connecting to the G552PR IMU
How to Use This Software
- Click on the link below for the relevant combination of ROS version and serial interface type:
For technical support or related issues using this ROS software, please email email@example.com