|Please ask about problems and questions regarding this tutorial on answers.ros.org. Don't forget to include in your question the link to this page, the versions of your OS & ROS, and also add appropriate tags.|
Tutorial Level: INTERMEDIATE
Following is the procedure to control multiple drones within the same network
<!-- <node name="droneswarm" type="drone_swarm" pkg="edrone_client"/> --> <node name="drone_swarm" type="drone_swarm" pkg="edrone_client"/>
- Setting the drone in client mode: First connect to your drone. Open a telnet connection as per the following
- Set the drone in both Station(STA) and Access Point Mode(AP) : Once connected, run the following
+++AT MODE 3
- Set the ssid and password: Set your ssid and password you want the drone to connect to
Add IPs: Start your hotspot and your drone should connect to is. Note the IP address assigned to it. Open DroneSwarm.cpp in edrone_client/src and add the IP address. Repeat this for all new drones connected to the network
- Sending data: Follow procedure in Control Commands to fly the drones. Add droneIndex(edrone_msgs) for every topic. This index is the same as the index of the IP within 'all_ips' when you add it.
Get drone data: Pending
On-board Camera Drone
This is for the on-board camera variation of the drone ONLY. Following is the procedure to control the camera drone.
<node name="edroneserver" type="edroneserver" pkg="edrone_client"/> <node name="edronecam" type="dronecam" pkg="edrone_client"/>
- In Communication.cpp file, change the PORT number on line 62 to "9060" as shown
addr.sin_port = htons(9060);
- In Communication.cpp file, change the IP address on line 63 to "192.168.0.1" as shown
addr.sin_addr.s_addr = inet_addr("192.168.0.1");
In DroneNode.cpp file, change the PORT number on line 17 to "9060" as shown
#define PORT 9060
Save your work and run catkin_make from the terminal.
- Connect to the drone's wifi and launch the drone_comb.launch file.
NOTE: Multiple Drones with onboard cameras cannot be used with DroneSwarm. As per the developed hardware, provision for single Pluto is available.