The teleop_flyer node primarily forwards joy/Joy messages from a ground station to the control mode nodes running onboard. It should always be running. It also independently republishes the status of the joystick trigger on a separate topic (~motor_enable); this can be used as a safeguard in downstream nodes.
teleop_flyerTeleoperation. Forwards joystick messages to control modes and translates some button presses as commands.
Subscribed Topicsjoy (joy/Joy)
- Operator joystick messages
- Status information from controller node
Published Topics~joy (joy/Joy)
- Republished operator joystick messages
- Commands for controller node
- Motor enable, set true only when trigger is pressed
- Emergency stop output
Parameters~joy_republish_rate (double, default: 20.0)
- Rate in Hz at which to republish joystick messages
- Maximum allowed time between consecutive joystick messages