- Setup RobotOperator for obstacle avoidance
This will show how to use the Operator-Node to control a mobile robot in a planar environment. For demonstration the robot simulator Stage will be used. After completion it will be possible to control the robot with a joystick while it actively avoids all obstacles.
- Use the Navigator-Node to navigate on a given map.
The tutorial will show how to setup a map server to provide a a-priori map, a Monte-Carlo-Localizer to track the robots position and the Navigator to do a simple path planning.
- Setup MultiMapper to generate a map while driving.
This will show to setup the graph-based SLAM (Simultaneous Localization and Mapping) for map generation.
- Build a map with multiple robots simultaneously
This will show how to setup multiple robots in Stage, virtually connect them via ROS-topics and setup multiple mapper instances to generate a distributed map.
- Implement your own exploration strategy
Write a plugin for the RobotNavigator using the pluginlib-interface to implement a cooperative exploration strategy.
Create a new tutorial: