ROS node that will communicate with an NTRP server to receive RTCM connections and publish them on a ROS topic. Also works with virtual NTRIP servers by subscribing to NMEA messages and sending them to the NTRIP server
This node runs on ROS noetic and uses python3.
ntrip_clientROS node that will communicate with an NTRIP server to receive RTCM connections and publish them on a ROS topic.
Subscribed Topicsnmea (nmea_msgs/Sentence)
- Receives NMEA sentences which are sent to the NTRIP server. This is required for virtual/network mountpoints to find the best basestation to provide corrections. For specific mountpoints this is likely not needed, although it will be sent to the server anyway.
Published Topicsrtcm (mavros_msgs/RTCM)
- RTCM corrections received from NTRIP server. Only messages whose checksums have passed validation are sent. The messages contain the raw RTCM bytes including the checksum
Parametershost (string, default: 127.0.0.1)
- Hostname of the NTRIP server that the client will receive corrections from.
- Port that the NTRIP server is listening on.
- Whether or not to authenticate with the NTRIP server when creating the connection.
- The username to use when authenticating with the NTRIP server. Only used if authenticate is set to true
- The password to use when authenticating with the NTRIP server. Only used if authenticate is set to true
- The frame ID to set the frame_id variable of the RTCM message to.
The github repo for this package is here. The README.md file at https://github.com/LORD-MicroStrain/ntrip_client provides instructions for installing and running this package.
Clone the repo into your workspace src directory and follow the instructions in the "Build Instructions" section of the README.
git clone https://github.com/LORD-MicroStrain/ntrip_client