Only released in EOL distros:
The head action is a node that provides an action interface for pointing the head of the configured robot. It passes trajectory goals to the controller, and reports success when they have finished executing.
- Maintainer status: maintained
- Maintainer: Bence Magyar <bence.magyar AT pal-robotics DOT com>
- Author: Stuart Glaser
- License: BSD
- Source: git https://github.com/pal-robotics/head_action.git (branch: indigo-devel)
See joint_trajectory_controller for information on the controller that the head action communicates with.
An example of using the head action on TIAGo can be found on the video below.
The ROS API consists of three parts: private parameters, an action server that achieves pointing actions, and an interface to a trajectory controller.
Parameters~pan_link (string, default: head_pan_link)
- The name of the pan link of the head
- The name of the tilt link of the head
- The maximum angular error from the desired pointing direction for which the action reports success.
Subscribed Topics~point_head_action/goal (control_msgs/PointHeadActionGoal)
- Describes where to point the head along with some constraints for the movement.
- A request to cancel a specific goal.
Published Topics~point_head_action/feedback (control_msgs/PointHeadActionFeedback)
- Feedback describing the progress the mechanism is making on pointing the head.
- Provides status information on the goals that are sent to the action.
Subscribed Topics~state (control_msgs/JointTrajectoryControllerState)
- Listens to the state of the controller.
Published Topics~command (trajectory_msgs/JointTrajectory)
- Sends joint trajectories to the controller.