The local_map package The local_map package takes as input a LaserScan message and outputs a local map as OccupancyGrid. The local map orientation is the same as the one of the global frame.
- Maintainer status: developed
- Maintainer: Gaël Ecorchard <gael.ecorchard AT ciirc.cvut DOT cz>
- Author: Gaël Ecorchard <gael.ecorchard AT ciirc.cvut DOT cz>
- License: BSD
- Bug / feature tracker: https://github.com/lama-imr/lama_utilities/issues
- Source: git https://github.com/lama-imr/lama_utilities.git (branch: indigo-devel)
local_map provides a simple local cost map for several jockeys for the Large Maps Framework (LaMa). The map is centered on the frame of the laser range finder on which it is based but its orientation is fixed.
The image shows the map in player on the left and the local map obtained from the LaserScan (red dots) on the right. The robot's orientation is approximately 45° but the map's orientation is fixed.
Subscribed Topics~<name>/footprint (sensor_msgs/LaserScan)
- LaserScan with possibly less than 360° angular range.
Published Topics~<name>/local_map (nav_msgs/OccupancyGrid)
- The values in the costmap (similar to costmap_2d).
Parameters~<name>/map_width (float, default: 200)
- Map pixel width (x-direction).
- Map pixel height (y-direction).
- Map resolution (m/pixel).