ROS node that will communicate with an NTRP server to receive RTCM connections and publish them on a ROS topic. Also works with virtual NTRIP servers by subscribing to NMEA messages and sending them to the NTRIP server
This node runs on ROS noetic and uses python3.
ntrip_clientROS node that will communicate with an NTRIP server to receive RTCM connections and publish them on a ROS topic.
Subscribed Topicsnmea (nmea_msgs/Sentence)
- Receives NMEA sentences which are sent to the NTRIP server. This is required for virtual/network mountpoints to find the best basestation to provide corrections. For specific mountpoints this is likely not needed, although it will be sent to the server anyway.
Published Topicsrtcm (mavros_msgs/RTCM)
- RTCM corrections received from NTRIP server. Only messages whose checksums have passed validation are sent. The messages contain the raw RTCM bytes including the checksum
Parametershost (string, default: 127.0.0.1)
- Hostname of the NTRIP server that the client will receive corrections from.
- Port that the NTRIP server is listening on.
- Whether or not to authenticate with the NTRIP server when creating the connection.
- The username to use when authenticating with the NTRIP server. Only used if authenticate is set to true
- The password to use when authenticating with the NTRIP server. Only used if authenticate is set to true
- The frame ID to set the frame_id variable of the RTCM message to.
Clone the repo into your workspace src directory and follow the instructions in the "Build Instructions" section of the README.
git clone https://github.com/LORD-MicroStrain/ntrip_client