Instructions for doing a doc review
See DocReviewProcess for more instructions
- Does the documentation define the Users of the Stack, i.e. for the expected usages of the Stack, which APIs will users engage with?
- Are all of these APIs documented?
- Do relevant usages have associated tutorials?
Have all Packages in the Stack been API reviewed?
Does the Stack conform to the StackDocumentation guidelines?
- Are there Packages in the Stack that don't belong
Concerns / issues
svn link useless on http://www.ros.org/wiki/perception_pcl
svn link broken on https://code.ros.org/svn/ros-pkg/stacks/perception_pcl/trunk/pcl, http://pcl.ros.org/authors broken too
the PCD file format on http://pointclouds.org/documentation/tutorials/pcd_file_format.php#pcd-file-format does not have a version number as a field
- hardware requirements ? 64/32 ?
API on http://docs.pointclouds.org/group__features.html : "(see the figure below - left: kD-tree, right: octree)" Where are those figures ?
the API doc should refer to the tutorials, just like the "io" module does: http://docs.pointclouds.org/group__io.html (e.g. pcl_octree is weak on that)
that page should be cleaned up: http://www.ros.org/wiki/pcl/Handbook
- API are documented through doxygen so clear overall (skimmed through it).
- looked at all tutorials: homogeneous in style and detailed
- enough ROS examples in pcl_ros (e.g. how to publish point clouds)