WARNING: This wiki refers to the obsolete ROS 1 mrpt_navigation package. The documentation for the latest ROS 2 versions is here: https://github.com/mrpt-ros-pkg/mrpt_navigation/
|Please ask about problems and questions regarding this tutorial on answers.ros.org. Don't forget to include in your question the link to this page, the versions of your OS & ROS, and also add appropriate tags.
InstallingDescription: Instructions to install and compile this package
Tutorial Level: BEGINNER
Get from apt packages
*Note*: Only available in indigo or newer ROS distributions. In older versions, just build the package from sources as explained below.
# This will install all packages in the mrpt_navigation metapackage # Alternatively, install individual packages only as you need them sudo apt-get install ros-$ROS_DISTRO-mrpt-navigation
Build from sources
1. Make sure ROS is installed in your system!
2. Make sure to have MRPT compiled or installed in your system. Choose one of the following:
- Install MRPT from official Debian / Ubuntu repositories:
sudo apt-get install libmrpt-dev
Install the latest MRPT version from PPA repositories.
Compile MRPT from sources (see instructions) and either install in system with sudo make install or add this to your ~/.bashrc for CMake to easily find it:
3. Make sure to be familiar with ROS' catkin build system!
4. Clone this repository in your catkin workspace (you may have to switch to the corresponding branch according to your ROS distro):
cd <your_catkin_ws>/src git clone https://github.com/mrpt-ros-pkg/mrpt_navigation.git cd .. #rosdep install --from-paths src --ignore-src --rosdistro indigo # Only if you want MRPT to be installed from Ubuntu repos catkin_make
5. You can run unit tests:
catkin_make run_tests # to execute the gtests
6. For ROS to find these packages, read the catkin documentation and run (or add to your ~/.bashrc):