A Linux ROS C++ Node that wraps the driver API for IDS vision cameras using IDS peak software. Tested on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.
1. install ROS: http://wiki.ros.org/ROS/Installation
2. install IDS peak: https://de.ids-imaging.com/download-vision-lin64.html
Running the code
0. Clone the repository to your Linux computer
1. Generate a ROS workspace
$ mkdir -p camera_ws/src/
1. Copy the peak_cam package into your ROS workspace and build it
$ cp -r peak_cam/ camera_ws/src/ $ cd camera_ws/ && catkin_make && source devel/setup.bash
2. Set parameters such as ROS topic and acquisition rate under launch/params/peak_cam_params.yaml
3. Plug the IDS vision camera and launch the node
$ roslaunch peak_cam peak_cam_node.launch
4. Stop the node with Ctrl-C (SIGINT) for controlled shutdown
For multiple cameras, create a .launch and a .yaml file for each camera.
Sometimes the cameras are only accesible as root. Try sudo -s in your terminal and launch the node again to validate.
Maintainer: Sherif Nekkah