ROS packages for the ROBOTIS OP3 (meta package). This meta package provides launch files and plug-in for Gazebo and RViz.
- Maintainer status: developed
- Maintainer: Pyo <pyo AT robotis DOT com>
- Author: SCH <sch AT robotis DOT com>, Kayman <kmjung AT robotis DOT com>
- License: Apache 2.0
- Bug / feature tracker: https://github.com/ROBOTIS-GIT/ROBOTIS-OP3-Common/issues
- Source: git https://github.com/ROBOTIS-GIT/ROBOTIS-OP3-Common.git (branch: kinetic-devel)
ROS Software Maintainer: ROBOTIS
ROBOTIS OP3 is the latest miniature humanoid robot platform from ROBOTIS that succeeds ROBOTIS OP(aka “DARWIN OP”) and ROBOTIS OP2(aka “DARWIN 2” or “DARWIN OP2”). One of the noticeable changes of ROBOTIS OP3 is made in actuator by replacing MX-28 actuators with XM-430 actuators. Another significant change is also made in internal PC by replacing Atom based SBC(Single Board Computer) with Intel i3 based NUC. With the XM-430 which supports Dynamixel Protocol 2.0, OP3 has improved torque along with current based control and loaded with various functions. Intel NUC allows highly improved computing power that supports 64-bit OS and Bluetooth 4.1. In addition, OP3 is developed under ROS(Robot Operating System) to utilize various packages in ROS ecosystem. All these hardware improvements and ROS support allows developers to focus more on research and development compare to the preceding robots.
ROS Wiki related to related to ROBOTIS OP3
References related to ROBOTIS OP3