rosnode: 'machines' command <<Ticket(ros 3650)>>
rostest: remove deprecated bare commands
- deploy rosbuild2
- ros_msgs stack
- port code to use rospkg instead of roslib (REP 114)
- move message code from roslib into ros_msgs
- polled topics (REP 106)
- meta-tag for roslaunch?
- scripting API for roslaunch
- Mature rosjava/android
- mature interfaces
- mature app_manager
- subscribe to sub-topics if sub-topic is a message
- multiple masters
network API: launch processes, as well as query state of existing processes. See <<Ticket(ros 1128)>> for ideas.
- roslaunch-console: curses GUI for interacting with roslaunch-based processes
- optional include: add an attribute to include that makes "file not found" not a fatal error (to facilitate optional files).
- substitution arg based on shell command: similar to how environment variables can be used to build names, create an option that uses the output of a shell command (e.g. date, hostname).
- UDP support in rospy
- Compressed transports
- multicast UDP
- Shared memory transport (C++ only). Need to run tests that demonstrate the benefit of shared memory.
- Support compression of serialized data
Handle firewalls, one-way connectivity (see rosproxy prototype)
- Published and/or sent timestamps in transport header
- Unify client libraries for setting logging levels, expose ability to externally set logging level in rospy/roslisp
- Client libs (e.g., vet roscpp for security issues)
- Embed security into wire protocol?
- Resource management, and related permissions issues (e.g., prevent a node from controlling motors)
- Support for optional fields in messages
- Default values for message fields
- Export doc strings from nodes / topics / params = semantic description of node API
- Subscriptions to sub-messages (possibly just subscribe to actual sub-message fields and not allow subscribe to primitives)
- ROS spec
- new separator to distinguish between topics and fields (for rostopic, rxplot, and potentially other tools)
- Interfaces prototype in ROS (e.g. camera, actions)
- Provide a standard way to report status of a node.
- introspection into who is calling service calls