This package contains:
- robot description for the BlueROV r1 and BlueROV r2 (for TF and rviz)
- launch files to start the mavlink connection to the ROV, to enable the ROV camera, and to transmit IMU data as odometry
- an rqt configuration to act as a control interface for the ROV
This package is designed to work with a variety of ROV platforms, but is focused on the BlueROV from Blue Robotics. Other platforms can utilize this library as well as long as they have the following items:
- A surface computer running ROS
- An input device for manual control attached to the surface computer
- An on-board computer running Ubuntu w/ Ethernet port for tether
We are using a RaspberryPi 2 B
- An on-board camera
We are using a RaspberryPi Camera
- Standard USB webcams should also work
- One or more thrusters
- An on-board flight controller
We are using a Pixhawk
- Optional sensors
We recommend a Bar30 pressure sensor to enable depth hold
- ROV Prerequisites
A list of the prerequisites to using an ROV with this package.
- Flashing an SD Card with Ubuntu
Instructions to install the operating system onto the ROV's computer.
- Wifi Network Setup
Instructions for setting up a wifi link to aid in development.
- Tether Network Setup
Instructions to setup the tether between the ROV and the surface computer.
- Install BlueROV ROS Packages
Instructions for installing the bluerov and bluerov_apps packages.
- Basic ROV Usage
Instructions for using your ROV.
- Intermediate ROV Usage
More instructions for using your ROV.
Also check out the bluerov_apps package for applications such as teleoperation.