The static map incorporates mostly unchanging data from an external source (see the map_server package for documentation on building a map).
Subscribed Topics"map" (nav_msgs/OccupancyGrid)
- The costmap has the option of being initialized from a user-generated static map (see the static_map parameter). If this option is selected, the costmap makes a service call to the map_server to obtain this map.
Parametersunknown_cost_value (int, default: -1)
- The value for which a cost should be considered unknown when reading in a map from the map server. If the costmap is not tracking unknown space, costs of this value will be considered occupied. A value of zero also results in this parameter being unused.
- The threshold value at which to consider a cost lethal when reading in a map from the map server.
- The topic that the costmap subscribes to for the static map. This parameter is useful when you have multiple costmap instances within a single node that you want to use different static maps. - New in navigation 1.3.1
- Only subscribe to the first message on the map topic, ignoring all subsequent messages
- In addition to map_topic, also subscribe to map_topic + "_updates"
- If true, unknown values in the map messages are translated directly to the layer. Otherwise, unknown values in the map message are translated as FREE_SPACE in the layer.
- Only matters if the static layer is not the bottom layer. If true, only the maximum value will be written to the master costmap.
- If true, translates all map message values to NO_INFORMATION/FREE_SPACE/LETHAL_OBSTACLE (three values). If false, a full spectrum of intermediate values is possible.