Infrastructure SIG meeting notes: Sept 29th 2011
- Review requests and prioritize.
- Ethan Ken present rosci prototype
- Lay out plan of attack on priorities
Notes: Reviewing proposals
- Troy might have an alternative to puppet/chef.
- Important to document layout of the output of the documentation/indexer.
- External Closed Source release support needs to be able to support better masking or custom debian rules files. rosbuild2 installable can take care of much of this.
- There's a lot of it so converting it might be a problem.
- might need/want ABI stability of core packages
PIP based release scripts would be convenient, they're not backwards compatible, so might only work for Fuerte and newer.
Non rosbuild packages
- Plan to install into /opt/ros/ROSDISTRO
- Need to be careful about people installing into the system.
- Need ABI checkers for c++
- Need Python script/library checking
Reviewing rosci prototype:
- Potientially seperate test-deps and build-deps vs runtime deps
- We currently don't have tests against the binaries/installed versions
- Might need a little more doc configuration, such as what to call where to execute.
- Not supporting all variants of build options might not be a good idea. If you want to do something extremelly non standard/complicated write an itermediate "package" with download unpack patch logic as necessary and provides test, doc and install targets.
- Might want to write a mock set of packages to test our infrastrucure which builds and installs very quicky.
Need a fake jenkins and fake packages.ros.org
Need a way to reproduce packages.ros.org for testing and backup/recovery.
- start with rosci on pcl, opencv, eigen later we can extend it to things which are already working, maybe(ROS packages with rosbuild2)
a draft of what the required metadata would look like https://gist.github.com/1251713
- Need to make which packages are released in a specific distro.
- shoot for some good color coding based on review status.
- improve visibility of tests and coverage
upgrade askbot (Tully) contracting with Evgeny help from Nathan
upgrade hudson to jenkins (Turkey) -- progress on email with Nathan today
rosci with rospkg rosdep std_msgs ecto (Ethan Ken Troy)
convert release scripts (Ken)
puppet/chef investigation (Tully)
release run_chroot w/o configuration
list of core dependencies (Florian), see IPA dependencies
reproducable jenkins and packages.ros.org (including devel versions)
fix debbuild on storm
make release information more visible on the wiki