Proposer: Sachin Chitta
Present at review:
- Radu (phone)
What to review
This package contains the messages for 3D mapping - in particular for representing collision maps and objects in collision maps. The documentation for these messages is mostly within the messages themselves and can be accessed through the package wiki documentation itself.
Question / concerns / comments
Enter your thoughts on the API and any questions / concerns you have here. Please sign your name. Anything you want to address in the API review should be marked down here before the start of the meeting.
- Use std_msgs::Empty service
- object action isn't an action
- oriented bounding box axis should be a vector not a point, possibly a pose
- mapping_msgs and geometric_shapes_msgs are too generic
Why is ObjectsInMap plural?
- since it contains a single id, seems that as far as the map is concerned, it is a single entity
- why does it contain a vector of Shapes?
- maybe there should be an Object message that can contain multiple Shapes?
- it is nice that all that you can do with an object is encapsulated in a message, but the name is confusing since it's not an Action
- this is a very general concept, does it really belong here? Maybe with geometric_shapes_msgs?
- are these two possible forms of the same concept?
PolygonalMap does not have field descriptions in the message body
To be filled out by proposer based on comments gathered during API review period
Package status change mark change manifest)
Action items that need to be taken.
Major issues that need to be resolved
- Move the messages we need from mapping_msgs to collision_object_msgs and move geometric_shapes_msgs into this new package as well.
Stay with CollisionMap - add very descriptive comments
More comments in OrientedBoundingBox - tutorials on the Wiki
Change ResetCollisionMap to Empty.srv (std_msgs) (DONE)