This package adapts the Leuze rotoScan series of laser range finders. Therefore it behaves like any other ROS laser range finder driver and publishes a sensor_msgs/LaserScan on the "scan" topic whenever a new scan comes in.
Configuration of the laser range finder is not supported and requires a vendor-provided tool.
Formerly named rod4_node.
The driver currently supports following connection types and has been confirmed to work with following models:
... but might be extended to support more interfaces or models.
- ~frame_id(string, default: "laser")
- Transform frame id to be used in the message header.
- ~range_max(float, default: 40.)
range_max to be used in message body. Differs among models.
The underlying network protocol implementation has been stable for more than a year now. All testing has been done with a "ROD4 plus" unit.
- ~host(string, default: "192.168.1.1")
- Hostname/IP address of the laser range finder.
- ~port(string, default: "9008")
- Port of of the laser range finder.
Serial port specific
- ~device(string, default: "/dev/ttyUSB0")
- Serial port device where the rotoScan is connected to.
- ~baudrate(int, default: 57600)
- Serial baudrate configured in rotoScan.