Maintainer: Mirza A. Shah
Author: Mirza A. Shah
shield_teleop is an application for the nVidia SHIELD handheld gaming console. As the SHIELD is a 100% pure Android device, shield_teleop is an Android app. When the app starts running, it will begin publish sensor_msgs/Joy that mimic the messages produced by ps3_teleop on Ubuntu. The app all displays a video stream using image_transport's compressed image messages.
shield_teleopROS interface for shield_teleop
Subscribed Topics/usb_cam/image_raw/compressed (sensor_msgs/CompressedImage)
- Any valid image_transport video stream which will be displayed in the main view
Published Topics/joy (sensor_msgs/Joy)
- Continuously publishes joystick messages representing SHIELD joystick state. Mimics PS3 controller.
shield_teleop utilizes rosjava and the complimentary android_core packages in its implementation and requires them as a build dependency.
source ~/rosjava/devel/setup.bash mkdir -p ~/shield_teleop_ws/src cd ~/shield_teleop_ws/src catkin_create_android_repo git clone https://github.com/mirzashah/shield_teleop cd ~/shield_teleop catkin_make
- Open Android Studio
- Import project
- Select ~/shield_teleop_ws/src
- Select "shield_teleop" in dropdown menu
- Hit "Play" button, this will build and attempt to upload to either device or emulator
== Running ==
- On your device select "ROS SHIELD Teleop" from applications.
- On startup, you'll be prompted for a ROS master, choose the one that's running on the robot.
- You should be now publishing to topic /joy.
- Run either pr2_joystick_teleop or turtlebot_joystick.