rqt_console is a viewer in the rqt package that displays messages being published to rosout. It collects messages over time, and lets you view them in more detail, as well as allowing you to filter messages by various means.
Assuming you have ROS installed, you can invoke rqt_console by just typing:
- The message specified by the user, e.g. in the screenshot above "hello world..."
- The severity level of the message, e.g. Debug, Info, etc.
- The name of the node which broadcast the message
- The time at which the message was broadcast
- The topics advertised by the node broadcasting the message
Combines the file, function and line using colons, e.g. /u/jfaust/ros/base/pkgs/ros_tutorials/roscpp_tutorials/talker/talker.cpp:main:92
There are two operations you can use on the items in the list. A double click will bring up all the information about that message in a separate box.
A right click will pop up a menu allowing you to filter the list based on some aspect of the selected message
You can filter the message list in two ways, by exclude filter and highlight filter.