Oculus Prime SLAM Navigator
ROS Software Maintainer: Xaxxon Technologies
Oculus Prime SLAM Navigator is a low cost, open-source autonomous mobile robot available from Xaxxon Technologies, ready for ROS applications. It packs a full mini-ITX motherboard, and is pre-loaded with Linux Xubuntu 16.04 and ROS Kinetic. It features auto-charging, mapping and auto-navigation, and internet tele-operation. A DIY kit is also available.
- Auto-docking charging station
- Orbbec Astra depth camera
- Servo-tilting camera and lights
- 4 wheel gearmotors including encoder
- Precision odometry linear/rotational
- Xaxxon MALG motor/audio/lights/gyro Arduino compatible controller PCB
- 4-hour Lithium-Polymer battery
- Wifi connectivity, overlapping network auto-switching
- 3G/4G/LTE connectivity relay server
- Integrated battery charging and power management
- Internet tele-operation web UI
Above: remote browser GUI with map/navigation controls and depth visualizations
Install Linux Xubuntu OS and configure the Oculusprime Server application following these instructions.
To Install ROS Kinetic and the Oculus Prime ROS packages and dependencies, including Orbbec Astra drivers, follow installation instructions here.
Complete Oculus Prime documentation is maintained at xaxxon.com/documentation.
ROS specific Oculus Prime documentation starts at xaxxon.com/documentation/ROS Overview.