NOTE: This package is currently unreleased and contains experimental code.
pose_follower_3d is based on the pose_follower local planner and adheres to the nav_core::BaseLocalPlanner interface found in the nav_core package. It is supposed to work as a local planner in accordance with the sbpl_lattice_planner_3d in move_base.
pose_follower_3d will try to follow the originally planned poses of the path as close as possible, while performing 3D collision checks of the robot's full kinematic configuration against a 3D map. This map should be built and provided by octomap_server. A downprojected 2D map for costmap_2d should be also provided by octomap_server to perform fast checks agains the robot's footprint.
Subscribed Topicsodom (nav_msgs/Odometry)
- The robot's odometry
- Occupied cells for collision check from octomap_server
Published Topicscmd_vel (geometry_msgs/Twist)
- Holonomic velocity command for the base controller
Services Called/environment_server/get_robot_state (planning_environment_msgs/GetRobotState)
- Requests the robot's current kinematic state at the beginning of each plan
Parameters~k_trans (float, default: 1.5)
- Gain for translational velocity
- Gain for rotational velocity
- Maximum linear velocity
- Minimum linear velocity
- Maximum rotational velocity
- Minimum rotational velocity
- Minimum threshold for linear velocity. If it is smaller, the robot rotates only on the spot.
- If odom reading is slower than this, then robot is stopped
- How many seconds to forward simulate the current trajectory rollout for collision checking
- How fine to test the forward simulation for collision checks (sim_time/sim_granularity checks will be made)
- How close to follow the originally planned trajectory (translations)
- How close to follow the originally planned trajectory (rotations)
- Timeout tolerance for reaching the goal