The five launch file templates come in help when loading the description package of a device.
Please, use these "macros" whenever is possible to improve robustness, readability and maintenance of derived packages.
This launch file calls the other templates qb_device_description#load_description_template, #controllers_bringup and #control_bringup to bringup a control node for a single device without starting joint_state_publisher, robot_state_publisher and rviz.
Since the only difference w.r.t. the #full_bringup launch file is the includes of the qb_device_description#load_description_template rather than the #description_bringup, the parameters are exactly the same as the other a part from use_rviz which is not used.
control_bringupThis launch file starts the device control node with the given parameters.
Parameterscontrol_action (string, default: empty string)
- The type of the control action without the namespace prefix and the "_trajectory_controller/follow_joint_trajectory" suffix (e.g. foo if it is <namespace>_foo_trajectory_controller/follow_joint_trajectory). The namespace alone is not sufficient since a device can implement several distinct actions.
- The duration of the control loop, in [s].
- The device ID, in range [1, 128].
- The base package name prefix (without "_control") of the control node (e.g. qb_device if it is qb_device_control).
- The device namespace used to avoid name clashes among same-type devices. It must be the same prefix used in the description because the control node searches for structures with this prefix (e.g. joint names).
- Selects whether to automatically control the device by looping on the given waypoints. If true the waypoints are expected to be stored in the Parameter Server under ~waypoints.
- The namespace prefix (without "_waypoints.yaml") of the waypoints configuration file (e.g. my_device if it is my_device_waypoints.yaml). The file must be located in the config/ subdirectory of the selected _control package. In addition, the namespaced joint names inside should be consistent with the ones specified in the description bringup, usually the share the same namespace.
- The base package name prefix (without "_control") where the waypoint yaml file is stored (e.g. qb_device if it is qb_device_control).
controllers_bringupThis launch file just calls the qb_device_control#spawner_template to bringup the device controllers including the rqt_joint_trajectory_controller GUI if requested.
- The list of names of the controllers to be spawned (e.g. *_trajectory_controller)
- The namespace prefix (without "_controllers.yaml") of the controller configuration file, necessary with many devices (e.g. my_device if it is my_device_controllers.yaml). The file must be located in the config/ subdirectory of the selected _control package. In addition, the joint names inside should be consistent with the ones specified in the description bringup, usually the share the same namespace.
- The base package name prefix (without "_control") where controller settings are stored (e.g. qb_device if it is qb_device_control).
- Selects whether to load joint trajectory controller GUI.
description_bringupThis launch file packs together the qb_device_description#load_description_template and the qb_device_description#state_publisher_template to bringup all the device description including joint_state_publisher and robot_state_publisher. If specified also starts rviz.
- The base package name prefix (without "_description") where robot models are stored (e.g. qb_device if it is qb_device_description).
- The namespace prefix of joints and links, necessary with many devices (e.g. my_device creates a robot model composed by my_device_joint_... and my_device_link_... elements).
- The name of the xacro URDF model file to be loaded, without extension (e.g. qb_device if it is qb_device.urdf.xacro.). The file must be located in the urdf/ subdirectory of the selected _description package.
- The publish frequency in Hz of the joint state and the robot state publishers.
- The joint state source list for the joint_state_publisher (including square braces).
- Selects whether to load rviz. If true, searches for the configuration file with the same name as the one specified in device_urdf which must be located in the rviz/ subdirectory of the selected _description package (i.e. it is recommended to create a specific file for each robot model). If not specified, uses the default configuration.
It provides basically the same configuration parameters as the other launch files a part from frequency and source_list of the #description_bringup which are not exported outside.