|Please ask about problems and questions regarding this tutorial on answers.ros.org. Don't forget to include in your question the link to this page, the versions of your OS & ROS, and also add appropriate tags.|
Adding a Source WorkspaceDescription: Step-by-step instruction on how to download and run Copernius and Copernicus_simulation smoothly
Tutorial Level: BEGINNER
The following tutorials illustrates how to bring up a Gazebo world and load the Copernicus robot in the simulation environment.
Configuring a non-standard peripheral requires a source workspace on the robot/ remote PC. The instructions below is the step-by-step instructions on how to download and run Copernicus and Copernicus_simulation smoothly.
- Creating a workspace
$ mkdir ~p ~/copernicus_ws/src
- Open the ~/copernicus_ws/src file by running:
$ cd ~/copernicus_ws/src
- Git-clone the Copernicus repositories
- Ensure that necessary dependencies are properly installed:
$ cd ~/copernicus_ws $ rosdep install --from-paths src –ignore-src -r -y
- Once done, catkin_make the packages
- Reinitialize the environment so the operating system will be able to pick up the newly installed workspace:
$ source /etc/ros/setup.bash