A ROS interface to the New Eagle Raptor drive-by-wire controller
- Maintainer status: developed
- Maintainer: New Eagle <jlodi AT neweagle DOT net>
- Author: Ryan Borchert <rborchert AT neweagle DOT net>
- License: BSD
- External website: http://www.neweagle.net
- Bug / feature tracker: https://github.com/NewEagleRaptor/raptor-dbw-ros/issues
- Source: git https://github.com/NewEagleRaptor/raptor-dbw-ros.git (branch: master)
The raptor_dbw metapackage is a collection of packages for interacting with the New Eagle Raptor DBW controllers. The primary goal of this stack is to facilitate ROS-based DBW kit development and provide a set of ROS-CAN interface tools.
The current development branch is master and targets ROS kinetic and melodic.
For more on New Eagle Raptor controllers see: https://store.neweagle.net/product/1793-196-1503-general-control-module-raptor/
- can_dbc_parser - module for handling everything related to translating CAN messages to ROS
- raptor_dbw_can - DBW CAN driver
- raptor_dbw_joystick_demo - a demo that allows you to use a game controller to interact with the DBW ROS node
- raptor_dbw_joystick_speed_demo - a demo that allows you to use a game controller to interact with the DBW ROS node
- raptor_dbw_msgs - DBW ROS message definitions
- raptor_dbw - the core DBW ROS node logic
- pdu - power distribution unit (PDU) driver. The PDU is a separate CAN-enabled device that's part of New Eagle's product line.
- pdu_msg - PDU ROS message definitions
Installing and building
Building from source
While we are working on releasing these packages through the ROS buildfarm, you can build them from source using a catkin workspace and following these steps:
- Create and initialize a new catkin workspace if you don't already have one. Instructions below assume the workspace was created in catkin_ws.
- cd catkin_ws/src
- cd ..
Running the joystick demo
a game controller compatible with the ROS [joy driver](http://wiki.ros.org/joy)
- a Kvaser CAN adapter
- cd catkin_ws
- source devel/setup.bash
- roslaunch raptor_dbw_joystick_demo joystick_demo.launch
Report a Bug