|Please ask about problems and questions regarding this tutorial on answers.ros.org. Don't forget to include in your question the link to this page, the versions of your OS & ROS, and also add appropriate tags.|
Launching a Gazebo Simulation EnvironmentDescription: How to bring up a Gazebo world and load the Copernicus Robot in the simulation environment
Tutorial Level: BEGINNER
Next Tutorial: Mapping an environment with Copernicus
- To bring up a gazebo world, launch the gazebo node by running:
$ roslaunch copernicus_description gazebo.launch
- This will bring up a Gazebo environment with the willow garage world file.
For instructions on how to build your own world file, refer to the tutorials on Gazebo
- Once the gazebo simulation environment is launched, run the following to load the Copernicus robot:
$ roslaunch copernicus_description simulate.launch
- This will bring up the Copernicus robot in the simulation environment.
- For visualization, launch rviz by running:
$ rosrun rviz rviz
The configuration file, copernicus.rviz which is located under copernicus_description->rviz_params, can be opened in the rviz tool to load the copernicus configured rviz environment
- In order to start the teleoperation node, run the following:
$ roslaunch copernicus_teleoperator copernicus_teleoperator.launch keyboard:=true
- This will launch the keyboard teleoperator node. To launch the joystick node, set the keyboard argument to False.