This package is fairly specific to the POS-LV device used in the ART autonomous vehicle. For a long time, it was the only Applanix driver available in ROS.
Now, there is a more-complete implementation called applanix_driver, developed by Clearpath Robotics with help from Applanix engineers. We recommend using that driver instead of this one for new applications.
Applanix Odometry driver
rosrun applanix odometry [options] Options: -f <filename> PCAP packet dump file name (default: use real device) -h, -? print help text -q <integer> set ROS topic queue depth (default: 1) -t <filename> run unit test with fake data from <filename>
Read the Applanix POS-LV, publishing gps and odom messages.
$ rosrun applanix odometry
Read previously captured Applanix packets from dump.pcap file.
$ rosrun applanix odometry -f dump.pcap
Subscribed Topicsshifter/state (art_msgs/Shifter)
- Transmission gear currently selected.
Published Topicsodom (nav_msgs/Odometry)
- Three-dimensional odometry from Applanix POS-LV.
- Inertial measurements from Applanix POS-LV.
- Latitude and longitude data from Applanix POS-LV.
Provided tf Transforms/odom → /earth
- 2D frame in UTM grid at same elevation as vehicle.
- 3D pose of vehicle in UTM grid relative to mean sea level.