As of Hydro bullet is a system dependency. rosdep key bullet
Why should I use Bullet?
Bullet 3D Game Multiphysics Library provides state of the art collision detection, soft body and rigid body dynamics.
- Used by many game companies in AAA titles on Playstation 3, XBox 360, Nintendo Wii, PC and iPhone
- Modular extendible C++ design with hot-swap of most components
- Optimized back-ends with multi-threaded support for Playstation 3 Cell SPU, CUDA, OpenCL and other platforms
- Discrete and continuous collision detection (CCD)
- Swept collision queries
- Ray casting with custom collision filtering
- Generic convex support (using GJK), capsule, cylinder, cone, sphere, box and non-convex triangle meshes.
- Rigid body dynamics including constraint solvers, generic constraints, ragdolls, hinge, ball-socket
- Support for constraint limits and motors
- Soft body support including cloth, rope and deformable
- Bullet is integrated into Blender 3D and provides a Maya Plugin
- Supports import and export into COLLADA 1.4 Physics format
- Support for dynamic deformation of non-convex triangle meshes, by refitting the acceleration structures
The Library is free for commercial use and open source under the ZLib License.