A simple, flexible and scalable 2D multi-robot simulator.
- Maintainer status: maintained
- Maintainer: Chris Zalidis <zalidis AT gmail DOT com>
- Author: Manos Tsardoulias, Chris Zalidis, Aris Thallas
- License: GPLv3
- External website: http://stdr-simulator-ros-pkg.github.io
- Bug / feature tracker: https://github.com/stdr-simulator-ros-pkg/stdr_simulator/issues
- Source: git https://github.com/stdr-simulator-ros-pkg/stdr_simulator.git (branch: hydro-devel)
STDR Simulator implements a distributed, server-client based architecture. Each node can run in a different machine and communicate using ros interfaces. STDR Simulator, also provides a GUI developed in QT, for visualization purposes and more. The GUI, is not necessary for the simulator to run and its functionalities can be performed using command-line tools provided with the package.
STDR Simulator architecture
The STDR Simulator available packages are:
stdr_server: Implements synchronization and coordination functionalities of STDR Simulator.
stdr_robot: Provides robot, sensor implementation, using nodelets for stdr_server to load them.
stdr_parser: Provides a library to STDR Simulator, to parse yaml and xml description files.
stdr_gui: A gui in Qt for visualization purposes in STDR Simulator.
stdr_msgs: Provides msgs, services and actions for STDR Simulator.
stdr_launchers: Launch files, to easily bringup server, robots, guis
stdr_resources: Provides robot and sensor descripiton files for STDR Simulator.
stdr_samples: Provides sample codes to demonstrate STDR simulator functionalities.
An overview of the STDR Simulator architecture is depicted in the following diagram:
- Run STDR Simulator
- Use STDR GUI
- STDR Simulator and other packages
Report a Bug
Jump on google group for discussion.
What would you expect to work and it doesn't
- Other robots perceived as obstacles from sensors
- Noise in sensors
- Properties in GUI
- Kinematic models
We hope to provide you these functionalities with our next release!