To use this package you need a schunk dexterous hand www.schunk-modular-robotics.com with firmware version 0.0.2.18. Other firmware versions may work, but are not officially supported. Alternatively you can use a simulated version without any hardware, see cob_gazebo.
The schunk_sdh package provides a configurable node for operating a schunk dexterous hand.
sdh_onlyThe schunk_sdh node takes in trajectory_msgs/JointTrajectory messages and send this directly to the hardware. The joint states can be received by topics and the sdh can be initialized, stopped or recovered via services.
Action Goalfollow_joint_trajectory_action/goal (control_msgs/FollowJointTrajectoryActionGoal)
- The goal describes the target trajectory for the sdh (at the moment only the position value of the last trajectory point is used).
Action Resultfollow_joint_trajectory_action/result (control_msgs/FollowJointTrajectoryActionResult)
Action Feedbackfollow_joint_trajectory_action/feedback (control_msgs/FollowJointTrajectoryActionFeedback)
Subscribed Topicscommand (trajectory_msgs/JointTrajectory)
- Receives direct commands.
Published Topics/joint_states (sensor_msgs/JointState)
- Publishes the joint states of all joints.
- Initializes the node and connects to the hardware.
- Stops immediately all hardware movements.
- Recovers the hardware after an emergency stop.
- Sets the operation mode for the node.
Parameters~sdhdevicetype (string, default: PCAN)
- Device type for can dongle hand
- Device identifier for hand, e.g. /dev/pcan32
- Device identifier for tactile sensors, e.g. /dev/ttyUSB0
- Baudrate of can module, e.g. 1000, 500,...
- List of joint names corresponding to urdf description, e.g. [sdh_thumb_3_joint, sdh_finger_11_joint,...]
- Urdf model of the robot, including the joints and links describing the sdh
dsa_onlyThe dsa_only node publishes data from the tactile sensors in form of schunk_sdh/TactileSensor messages.
Published Topicstactile_data (schunk_sdh/TactileSensor)
- Publishes data from the tactile sensors.
Parameters~dsadevicestring (string, default: Required)
- Device identifier for dsa, e.g. /dev/ttyS0
- Use polling mode for getting sensor data
- Frequency for publishing sensor data
roslaunch schunk_bringup sdh_solo.launch
For including the sdh in your overall launch file use
<include file="$(find schunk_bringup)/components/sdh.launch" />
All hardware configuration is done in the schunk_hardware_config package. A sample parameter file for the sdh in "schunk_hardware_config/sdh/config/sdh.yaml" could look like this
sdhdevicetype: PCAN sdhdevicestring: /dev/pcan0 baudrate: 1000000 joint_names: ['sdh_knuckle_joint', 'sdh_thumb_2_joint', 'sdh_thumb_3_joint', 'sdh_finger_12_joint', 'sdh_finger_13_joint', 'sdh_finger_22_joint', 'sdh_finger_23_joint'] OperationMode: position
A sample parameter file for the dsa tactile sensors in "schunk_hardware_config/sdh/config/dsa.yaml" could look like this
dsadevicestring: /dev/ttyS0 polling: false use_rle: true frequency: 30