- Markers: Sending Basic Shapes (C++)
Shows how to use visualization_msgs/Marker messages to send basic shapes (cube, sphere, cylinder, arrow) to rviz.
- Markers: Points and Lines (C++)
Teaches how to use the visualization_msgs/Marker message to send points and lines to rviz.
- Interactive Markers: Getting Started
This tutorial explains what Interactive Marker are and teaches you some of the basic concepts.
- Interactive Markers: Writing a Simple Interactive Marker Server
This tutorial explains how to setup a minimalist server which manages a single interactive marker.
- Interactive Markers: Basic Controls
This tutorial explains how the basic_controls tutorial code works.
- Plugins: New Display Type
How to write a plugin which adds a new display capability to RViz.
- Plugins: New Dockable Panel
How to write a plugin which adds a new type of dock-able Panel widget to RViz.
- Plugins: New Tool Type
How to write a plugin which adds a new tool to RViz.
- Librviz: Incorporating RViz into a Custom GUI
How to write an application using an RViz visualization widget.
- Rviz in Stereo
Teaches how to set up Rviz to render in 3D Stereo.
Command Line Options
To see the list of command line options for your RViz release, run the following command:
rosrun rviz rviz --help
rviz does not have a builtin capability to record movies. You can, however, use an application like GLC (or SimpleScreenRecorder) to do so. The RecordingOpenGLAppsWithGLC page has more information on recording and encoding.